1st – 6th September, 2017
Camp Cypress, Baradine, NSW.
A week of listening to the natural world – sharing the skills and experience of nature sound recording for a variety of purposes, ranging from scientific research, to artistic responses and simple, personal enjoyment.
Camp Cypress at Baradine is on the edge of the Pilliga forest, the largest expanse of contiguous dry woodland in inland NSW, and a wonderful area for birdlife and wildlife sound recording.
Our workshop will be a week of expert presentations and discussion, covering all aspects of wildlife and environmental sound recording, including:
- equipment (microphones, recorders etc) and recording techniques,
- fieldcraft and associated natural history skills,
- editing, audio processing and archiving,
- species identification and repertoire,
- environmental listening and cultural responses
Practical sessions of field tuition and recording opportunities will be scheduled in nearby Pilliga forest and other natural areas.
We look forward to welcoming members and non-members. The week will be a gathering suitable for beginners, field naturalists, student and professional researchers, artists/musicians and anyone interested in engaging with the natural world more deeply through listening.
Costs to be confirmed, but at this stage it looks likely to be:
- Workshop registration fee: $50
- Accommodation options – Cabin (per night, per person): $33,
- Powered site (per night): $20 single / $25 couple,
- Unpowered site (per night): $15 single, $20 couple +$5 per extra person
- Meals (fully catered, breakfast, lunch & dinner) per day: $42 (individual dietary needs can be arranged)
Program: Arrive Thursday for an evening meal and welcome that night. Our formal program of speakers and activities will commence Friday, and continue through to Wednesday. Departure is at your leisure, but anticipated after breakfast Thursday. Contributions for the speaker’s program are warmly invited, please discuss with one of the members listed below. We anticipate publishing the program in early May.
For further information, please speak to:
This years meeting will be held at Little Desert Nature Lodge 27th September to 2nd October 2015. Put the dates in your diary, let the Little Desert Nature Lodge and Tony Baylis know ASAP if you intend to attend the meeting. There will be an additional cost of $50 registration at the meeting. See the attached for further details AWSRG meeting Little Desert 2015